Help with Fees


Sunflowers Day Nursery accept 2 year old funded children, 3 and 4 year old funded children (15hrs and the extended 30hrs). Funded hours can be spread throughout the year. The Nursery offers a limited number of term time only placements. Any hours taken above your child entitlement will be charged at our hourly rate and an additional charge for food will be made.

The nursery is registered to recieve Tax Free childcare and childcare vouchers.

The Extended Childcare Offer - Eligibility

Will my child get it?
Not necessarily as not everyone is eligible. But everyone will still receive the 15 hour funding.
Eligibility rules for 30 hours free childcare:
·        Your child will be 3 or 4.
·        Both parents must be working – or sole parent is working in a lone parent family
·        Each parent earns, on average, a weekly minimum equivalent to 16 hours at National Minimum Wage or National Living Wage
·        Each parent must have an annual income of less than £100,000
·        You live in England
How much is the equivalent of 16 hours at National Minimum Wage?
It depends on your age. A parent aged 21-24, you’d need to earn a weekly average of at least £111.20. For a parent aged 25+ you’d need to earn a weekly average of at least £115.20

What if one parent isn’t working?
This is a scheme to help working parents so both parents need to be working.

However, if one parent isn’t working because they’re an official carer (eg receiving benefits relating to being a carer) or they are receiving disability benefits, and the other parent is working, then the Government has stated it “intends to make provision” to support these families.
What if you are self employed or on zero hours contract?
You will be eligible if you (or both of you are in a couple) earn at least the equivalent of 16 hours at the National Minimum wage.
How do you apply for the 30 hours free childcare?
You’ll be able to apply for both the 30 hours scheme and the Tax-Free Childcare Scheme through a joint application which is being developed by the HMRC.
For more information please go to: